About Neil McKenzie
Neil McKenzie has over 30 years experience as a management consultant and corporate marketing executive. He has worked with hundreds of organizations to develop business and marketing plans, including some of the world’s top brands. He is the author of the new book The Artist’s Business and Marketing ToolBox – How to Start, Run and Market a Successful Arts or Creative Business now available in softcover and eBook versions.
Neil is a visiting professor at the Center for Innovation at Metropolitan State College Denver, where he developed and teaches the cutting-edge course, Artrepreneurship; and at University College at the University of Denver, where he teaches the graduate course, Marketing for the Arts.
Neil offers guidance to artists and arts organizations in the areas of business/marketing planning and brand development. Neil is a frequent guest lecturer to artists and organizations in the creative sector. He writes a column for ColoradoBiz Magazine on the creative economy, as well as numerous articles for Americans for the Arts, a national arts organization.
About Creatives and Business LLC
Creatives and Business LLC is a Centennial, CO based publishing, consulting and educational firm whose purpose is working to improve the business skills and success of artists and arts/creative organizations. For more information on how we can help you or your organization contact Neil McKenzie
- New book! – The Artist’s Business and Marketing ToolBox
- www.creativesandbusiness.com – A website with business and marketing tools for artists.
Services for Artists and Arts Organizations:
- Business Planning
- Marketing Strategies
- Brand Development
- Organizational Development and Training
Seminars, Speaking Engagements, Workshops
- The Artist’s Business Bootcamp
- Business Planning for Artists
- Marketing and Brand for Creative People
- Business Basics for Artists
- Finance and Accounting Essentials for Artists
- Custom Workshops and Educational Programs
This site is for artists, arts organizations, creative professionals, creative enterprises and those who want to turn their creative talent into a business or improve their existing organization. This site is designed individuals, companies and students in:
• Design – Architects, Architectural Landscape, Interior Design, Media Representatives, Advertising Agencies, Graphic Design, Display Advertising, Media Buying Agencies, Public Relations, Website Design, Marketing Firms, Furniture Design, Fashion
• Film and Media – Film/Video Production, Sound, Lighting, Digital Art, Animation, Sets & Studios, Broadcasting, Music Production, Radio, Cable, Internet and Motion Picture Theaters
• Heritage and Education – Museums, Zoos, Historical Sites, Botanical Gardens, Wildlife/Nature Attractions, Schools
• Literary and Publishing – Authors, Poets, Writers, Editors, Publishers, Printers, Libraries, Bookstores, Newsstands.
• Performing Arts – Actors, Musicians, Promoters, Producers, Directors, Performing Arts Venues
• Visual Arts and Crafts – Artists, Sketchers, Painters, Photographers, Sculptors, Potters, Glassblowers, Metal Artists, Jewelers, Carvers, Crafts, Galleries and Shops Who Sell Visual Arts and Crafts.
• Culinary Arts and Craft Beverages - Winemaking, Craft Breweries, Chefs, Bakeries, Local Based Restaurants, Specialty Foods
I look forward to having you as a regular reader as we embark on making your creative enterprise a roaring success!
© 2010 Neil McKenzie – www.creativesandbusiness.com